- Ed-tech startup 3RDFlix pockets pre-Series A cheque (Sep 2019)
- Ed-tech startup WhiteHat Jr raises $10 million from Nexus, Omidyar, others (Sep 2019)
- CodeCombat raises $6 million to teach coding through immersive games (Aug 2019)
- Edtech Startup AdmitKard Raises $1 Mn In Pre-Series A Funding
- [Startup Bharat] Meet edtech startups that are taking quality education to non-metro cities across India (Mar 2019)
- Startup Watchlist: Top Indian Edtech Startups To Look Out For In 2019 (Feb 2019)
- List Of EdTech Startups (Jan 2019)
- 7 EdTech Startups That Could Reshape The Future Of Education (Nov 2018)
EdTech Industry Trends
- Edupreneur Village Fund hosted India’s first-of-its-kind live Edtech Investment Event in Delhi – [Sep 2019] Cash Prizes –
- INR 3 lakh – Don’t Memorise
- INR 2 lakh – One0x
- INR 1 lakh – Clap Global
- INR 50,000 – Mintbook
- INR 25,000 – Memory Trix
- What’s making education the golden spot for internet economy? [Sep 2019]
- The edtech industry has been around since late-1990s, but the last six years have seen an unprecedented boom. Since 1997, the global edtech industry has received a funding of close to $38 billion, and over 60% of this has come in the last three years. So, what is it about e-learning that has made it such a lucrative opportunity for entrepreneurs and investors?
- There are 250 million schoolgoing kids in India.
- Most online courses are about 50% cheaper than their offline counterparts
- Artificial Intelligence, Authentic Impact: How Educational AI is Making the Grade – Educators find AI can revolutionize the K–12 experience, for both teachers and students. [Aug 2019]
- In Florida’s Putnam County School District, educators are leveraging new content monitoring software to both automate the process of flagging potentially sensitive internet searches and add critical context to flagged requests.
- And in New Jersey, Slackwood Elementary School is using an AI-assisted teaching assistant called Happy Numbers to identify where students are struggling with math benchmarks and provide personalized assistance.
- Solutions such as the Presentation Translator — a free PowerPoint plug-in — provide real-time integration of multilanguage subtitles to help students better understand instructions in class or provide remote access for those dealing with illness or other family concerns
- Moving towards 21st century school education: Changes required – 21st century school education needs to be capable of teaching students how to deal with unpredictability and change.
- 8 ways technology use in classrooms is transforming the teaching-learning process (Aug 2019)
- Game-Based Learning: What All Leaders Should Learn About Training From The Health Care Industry (Aug 2019)
- [Funding alert] AI-powered edtech startup Blackboard Radio raises seed round from Villgro, others – Blackboard Radio will use the funds to further develop its AI-powered personalised English speaking coach for schoolgoing students in Tier II and III cities in India [Aug 2019]
- The Top 5 EdTech Trends 2019 — AI, AR, VR and more! [Jan 2019]
- Edtech Impact is finally here [Oct 2018]
- Q&A: Vadim Polikov’s Startup Brings Game-Based Learning to Science Class – New company Legends of Learning offers 900 research-backed games to educators. (2017)
- FIVE EDTECH COMPANIES THAT ARE TAKING GAMIFICATION TO THE NEXT LEVEL (2017)
Market Data, Studies
- Paytm eyes $2-3 billion in GMV in 18 months from education space
- Realizing the Power of EdTech – Scaling Access & Impact (Mar 2019) (PDF)
- 8 Ways EdTech Startups Are Setting Classroom-Innovation Trends
- 2018 Global Learning Technology Investment Shatters Records –
- “AI-based Learning is the one area where the US still has a commanding lead over China,” comments Sam S. Adkins, Chief Researcher of Metaari.
- “The majority (61.5%) of all global investment in AI-based Learning companies went to 102 US-based companies that raised a combined total of $1.78 billion.
- In stark contrast, $299.7 million went to just twelve Chinese AI-based Learning companies, a mere 10.3% of all global investments to AI-based Learning companies.
- In 2018, 25 AI-based Learning companies in India obtained $227.7 million in investments, followed by Israel at $169.5 million.”
- Online Education: From Good To Better To Best? (March 2019) –
- Examples of online degrees outperforming traditional degrees can be found across the globe and across students of all ages.
- In the U.K., University of Essex’s online degrees placed in the top 18% of all U.K. institutions with a 91 score in the National Student Survey (NSS) run by Britain’s higher education regulator.
- Online Education in India: 2021 – a study / report by KPMG in India and Google (May 2017) (PDF)
- The ultimate guide to Edtech (2017)
- Ed Tech Developer’s Guide – A primer for software developers, startups, and entrepreneurs (2015)
Types of Online Edpreneurs
- HOW TO BUILD AN ELEARNING PLATFORM LIKE COURSERA (OR UDEMY)?
- Which Type of Online Course Business Are You? (And Why It Matters)
- MOOC Cloning: Build the Next Big Online Education Portal – Script Feature Analysis
- Social Cause: CrashUp: Let’s provide Free Education to every student in India (Video)
15+ Platforms to Create and Sell Online Courses (and Counting)
The Ultimate Marketing Guide for Online Educational Companies
Tips for Beginners
- Launching An EdTech Startup? Here’s Everything You Need To Know – Part 1
- 22 TIPS FOR EDTECH STARTUPS AND COMPANIES
- How to start an online education business
- 6 Hard-earned Lessons for Starting an Online Education Business
- How To Start Your Own Online Education Business
- From unscreen.: How to Start a Profitable Online School in 5 Easy Steps
- From thinkific: 7 Steps to Building a Successful Business Selling Online Courses
- From foldcode: How To Build An Online Education Business
- From WordPress / Studiopress: How to Build an Online Education Business